Thursday, October 27, 2011

swear words

I just explored online and found something that I wrote that had swear words in it! Not mild swear words! The heart was mine but the words didn't feel like mine anymore. I felt embarrassed. When I wrote that, I had naively believed that only about six people would read it - six people who think it's weird if you don't use swear words. Ten minutes ago, if you'd typed my husband's name into Google, the fourth result is me yakking on with swear words. That's far more public than I had intended - but such is the internet. I went in and took out the swear words just now...and already my blood pressure has improved. But what damage is done when someone types in poor Richie's name and hears the voice of a crusty old sailor wife? I'm sure I've already messed something up. May we all learn from my mistake!

No comments: