Monday, August 12, 2013

Old summer post

Okay, so it's late summer. The days are long but shortening. Sultry steam rises from the street and rooftops after a rain. The trees are a deepening green, dark enough to cover the latent yellows and reds that will be revealed as the weeks pass.

I am at home in a hot summer. The feeling of a soaked tee shirt and sweat running off my forehead and into my eyes is like eating Texas Pete on my beans - I really know I'm doing it.

Also, I have started internship. The chief emotional skill of internship has been quoted many times as follows: "To get comfortable being uncomfortable." Like eating Texas Pete and having sweat in my eyes, I really know I am an intern. I enjoy it, by and large, but it's not what you'd call "comfortable."

KidM posed Cindy this way

I made this for sleeping. Don't hate me because I am beautiful.

We got a lot of fun mileage out of our plaque-staining tablets.

KidM posing

I opened my closet and this is what I saw. KidV was working on a pet hospital.

No comments: