Wednesday, May 10, 2017

May

I don't remember the tipping point for the decision to make my blog private. Midway through residency I took down all the posts. Likely I was feeling the hard scrutiny of my professional role, feeling the value of privacy. Now that 99% of humanity has capitulated to thorough online connectivity, I feel somehow that I can now blend nicely into the din yet perhaps manage some connection here and there as well. Looking back at these posts reminds me of simpler times. I miss my people so much. You, if you are reading: I miss you.

It's spring, and I marvel at the leaves for long, long stretches of time. I drink in their shapes, their layerings, the textures upon textures. Shadows, too. Somehow, it all just keeps looking more beautiful to me. More beautiful every May.

No comments: