Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!






Why I'm Spoiled Rotten Today.

I got to:
  1. Get up and do yoga with Ali MacGraw and her soft-spoken yogi who tells you at the end, "For love is what's left when you let go of everything you don't need." The girls didn't get up until I was finished.
  2. Cuddle with Vivian and play groundhog nest.
  3. Make bacon and pancakes for my family.
  4. Color George Washington with Mazie and Vivian. (Richie printed out one for everyone.)
  5. Check to see which seeds have sprouted. These seeds have sprouted astonishingly early and, in some cases, against all odds, as the seeds are several years old. This Memorial Day, I see: Anaheim pepper, black beauty eggplant, Louisiana red tomato, Pritchard tomato, teeny tiny oregano (vulgaris), Cardinal tomato, Carantan leek, Thymus vulgaris, Sweet basil, Musselwhite bell pepper, Burpee Big Boy Hybrid tomato, Michilli Cabbage, Roma tomato, Brandywine tomato, sorrel, Muskmelon, french green lentil, and castillo lentil. Now to figure out what to do with the sprouts!
  6. Take Mazie and Vivian to the pool for its opening day. It's cloudy with fits of rain today, so the intrepid swimmers only stayed in for about ten minutes.
  7. Play the game of Uno that WOULD NOT END with M and V. V forfeited about ten minutes after I started drawing and playing for her because her activity had degenerated to the point that it was necessary to do so.
  8. Make rockin' sandwiches that involved garden greens and melted mozzarella.
  9. Later on I'll go to a cookout and see some of my favorite folks.
Yay, Memorial day. While I have been living it up, Richie has been doing this very cool, but very involved illustration. This is a sneak peek.

Best for your Memorial Day!

No comments: