Saturday, April 3, 2010

Season of Poetry.


Favorite Justin Moore quote: "God didn't make ice cream so we could sit around not putting it in our coffee.)

Favorite Justin Moore flourish: "Clap! Clap-clap-Clap Clap CLAP!"

Favorite Justin Moore tradition: Observing National Poetry Month.
In honor, I will be checking Justin's blog to see what he has to bring to the poetry table and I will be posting some poems that I love as well.

In other poetry news, I just found out that a friend's poems have just been published in the New York Quarterly, and that's reason for celebration.

So, here's the meat and here are the bones:

Haiku by Basho:

Husking rice,
a child squints up
to view the moon.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Hahaaaa! Awesome! Thanks for the shout-out, Brandi. I plan on posting several more poems this month. I like the haiku you posted, too!
We miss you guys bunches.
Happy Easter!