Saturday, November 20, 2010

Everything is beautiful






Everything is beautiful and touching right now. I believe it's that time of the month in that time of the year.

I flossed my kids' teeth. Mazie has another loose tooth. Vivian learned to ride her bike a while back, but is re-learning on a bike Richie pieced together out of two used ones we bought (long story; the important part is that there were enough good parts to make one good bike...it just has a funny color pallette). So Vivian is all banged up - legs covered in bruises. I've been eating too many cookies. We cooked big pots of food last night and the night before. First, cream of vegetable soup; second, pinto beans that turned out pretty good.

It is TIME to start studying for boards. I feel nervous and excited and impatient. An expanse of time spreads before me: a landscape obscured by fog. I'll be feeling my way through each day - my stamina, my ability to focus in my surroundings, my retention. I plan to keep in touch with my scattered, solitary compatriots. Marco! (Which resource are you using for biochem?!) Polo! (I have Lippincott, but I found First Aid to be sufficient!)

Meanwhile, Richie is awesome. Cindy the Cat won't stop climbing our screens. Mazie and Vivian are obsessed with my bathrobes. There are three - all from the thrift store - which works out to one for each of us. And, as shown here, everything is beautiful.

Whoops - forgot to mention that that is Mazie in her dandelion costume. Her part in the second grade musical was to be a weed. She chose dandelion in the flower phase of its life cycle. Later, I'll post a picture of the inscription on the tee shirt that we used to make the yellow headdress. Priceless.

No comments: