Thursday, July 19, 2012

RAAAAAGGGHHHHH!

Roar roar roar! WHOOOO-HOOOOO!!!

David and I rocked a demo on the heart and mediastinum this morning. We had Dr. P, who is famously difficult. He's a fantastic teacher; he just asks hard questions. We got a couple of hard questions at the end, but we sailed through...

Special thanks go out to Richie Gunn for being so patient with me.

I gave both girls haircuts last week, but their hair looks no different. Last evening, as Richie was covering Vivian up for lights-out, she said, "I am a snow bunny and nobody can see me in my snow cave." Mazie is very wrapped up in the world of Laura Ingalls Wilder. She is reading These Happy Golden Years right now. She made an autograph book on Sunday for each of us to write a verse in along with our autograph - purple or black crayon only. This was taken directly from Little House. She is obsessed with sewing. She made her own sock monkey that we call "Tiny Jerry," so named because she has had a sock monkey named Jerry since her first Chrismas. Tiny Jerry is pretty cool - we'll scan him or upload a picture or something.

Meanwhile, here I go to review last week's lectures and lay out a plan of attack on how I will accomplish the outside reading this module requires. Dr. F (cardioloy module director) is a great teacher, and very very tough. He's a growly bear, often yelling at the class to emphasize an important point. He is also reported to have told someone they asked a stupid question (it WAS a stupid question, apparently). I think he is also universally loved.

All the best!

No comments: