Friday, December 14, 2012

Home again

According to Willie Nelson, travel is sooo easy. 

I respect Willie's perspective, yet I challenge Willie to carry my duffel bag around without getting a crick in his weatherbeaten neck. And perhaps Willie Nelson has no awesome family doing awesome family things without him.

Of course, I overpacked.  I thought I was being minimal. Within an hour of departure, I cursed those shirt options I couldn't live without, cursed my inability to settle on just sneakers for running AND for walking through the airport, cursed my need to bring both face AND hand lotion. 

But how sweet it is to return home to my own rabbit warren. Bedraggled, with a crick, but with a touch more experience and renewed resolve to pack then take half out. Tonight we read The Hobbit - where the dwarves all get out of the barrels - under the Christmas Tree.

No comments: