Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Last Saturday

On winter Saturdays, we stay in. That's a time for the girls to have uninterrupted play time and to enjoy each others' company until they no longer enjoy each others' company.  That point usually comes between 9 and 11 a.m. 

Richie and I clean up and strategize.  Breakfast is usually more elaborate than usual and late. Saturdays are great.

This Saturday, The girls played with their Playmobil setups for over an hour. They had a long plot-line involving an interrupting bird:
Nota Bene the Interrupting Bird
Another Interrupting Bird - this was Mazie's setup. Vivian's intrusion into the photo made Mazie a little angry.
Then they played Bananagrams for a bit.  I don't think they played by the instructions.
Bananagrams 

Bananagrams: potty words edition
It's cute. I don't know if this next picture makes it more or less cute. I'm thinking less cute, but they were giggling so much - mostly over the word, "Toooet." It was still pretty cute.  No matter what, I really enjoy watching them enjoy each others' company. When I got pregnant with Vivian, I immediately had several days of buyer's remorse.  I went on a walk with a good friend who has four kids.  She told me: You are going to give Mazie her best friend in the whole world. It'll be hard for a bit, but you will never ever regret having two kids. This couldn't be more true. (The formatting is messed up so I hope this post is not too hard to read.)  

1 comment:

Brandi Gunn said...

I should say (and would've if the formatting hadn't messed up) that the buyer's remorse was of the "We can't afford another kid; what if this doesn't go well physiologically; I can't possibly handle the added responsibility of another child" variety.