Monday, January 28, 2013

Christmas traditions

Reading the Christmas story
Crafts!
Christmas cookies!
Shepherd's Stew on Christmas Eve
Giving a portion to people who have less
Funky Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and American Folk Songs for Christmas
Obtaining and hanging mistletoe (MOM!)
Reading the Best Christmas Pageant Ever, a chapter per night, leading up to Christmas
Elf and It's a Wonderful Life.
"Mother of God" by Yeats, first introduced to me in this post by a friend to whom I am indebted for drawing it to my attention...and for so many more things than I can ever name!
Calling family on Christmas
Lighting candles
Gazing at the Christmas tree
Watching the kids bounce from overwhelmed joy to thankfulness on Christmas morning
The annual family Christmas photo that never makes it out until Christmas Eve or after

On an unrelated note, my friend Kristin Conradi shared with me an old Norwegian saying that I will share with you:
There's no bad weather; only bad sweaters.
Thank you, dear Norway. I love you vicariously through loving my dear Norwegian friend.




No comments: