Friday, December 10, 2010

Gastrointestinal today

So, for those of you who are wondering, I have had halting success sticking to my study schedule. I wish I were robotic, just for these 8 weeks. Our family's bouts of frequent illness haven't helped, but aside from that, sticking to the schedule is about
1) Staying in the chair. (I wiggle like a pre-K'er)
2) Having my brain on task. (Look! a tube of chapstick!!!)
Both have challenged me so far (usually, there's class to break up the sitting), but I've gotten better at it over the course of this week. My biggest problem right now, schedule-wise: having budgeted about 2 hours per 46-question block for both answering Question Bank questions and then reviewing them in detail, when in actuality, they take me about 4 hours to go through (so far). I'll have to massage that one a bit to make it fit. Or take away from some other area...

Finally, guilt. Plain and simple: guilt at not being with my family in more quality ways. I am mommy-in-the-tower. It's better than being deployed, or a refugee, or working this hard at something I didn't truly want to do...but it's hard at Christmastime! I usually craft and cook, but this year I have thrown up lights on our neighbors' 4-foot fake tree that they let us borrow. It's short but festive. And we put it on top of a cardboard box, so it's less short now, too.

But Richie has Vivian making cornbread and Mazie is reading. I think everyone is okay without the scent of pine needles this year.

No comments: