Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Totally Wiped

This is Cindy the Cat playing with fire AND standing on the table, which is a huge no-no and makes me wonder why Richie took the picture instead of shooing her away. Because it's a cute picture and he knew it would be, that's why.
I am presently totally wiped. I've been studying microbiology all day. This is a bear of a subject that our curriculum touches on, but doesn't go wild about. So now I'm learning about all sorts of disease processes and trying to do it quickly enough that there's still time for organ systems! I just took a practice test of 46 questions that took 3 hours to complete and then review, making notes in the all-important First Aid book that has become an object of extreme importance (owing to the notes therein). Oh, and I studied for the entire day, taking breaks to do essential things. This has been a long day, after several other long days. My friend recommends tearing pages out of First Aid when you get *really* frustrated. So far, I hadn't torn any out. But tonight, midway through micro, those "extra" pages in the back are looking pretty loose. Nonetheless, I do like knowing things I didn't know before.

2 comments:

Rider Todd said...

Keep on studying! Hopefully the cat won't catch on fire.

Elizabeth said...

love the advice about tearing out pages!! don't fret too much about micro--you never know what will be on that darn step 1 and it is simply impossible to remember viral genetics!