Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Happy Inauguration!

Here's what I think about when I think about Barack Obama as our president. I think about Albert Crump, William Jeffries, and K.K. Avery. These three highly capable natural leaders were in my ecology class in 2003. They did great on their class assignments and, each in his own way, won my heart over the first few weeks of school. After the first few weeks, I lost them all. I don't know what I did wrong but I lost them. I tried to get them back but the normal ways of talking and exhorting and questioning didn't work. Again, my fault I'm sure, but for whatever reason I just couldn't do it.

Anyway, I cried tears of hope and joy during Obama's inauguration in early 2009, partly because I hoped it would help someone could get Albert, K.K., and William back.

No comments: