Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bye Bye 2008




It's not every year that you can have a day this sweet. Our family went to our local free tourist attraction with another family of three girls. We all had a delightful time, despite wild wind that whipped dust and sand into everybody's eyes. We saw horses, ate snack in the sunny lee of a building and then climbed a tree (not shown). Our family always seems happiest outside.

I also ordered seeds. I may not be able to have a garden this year, at least not of any great size, but I can order the $25 of free seeds you can get from your certificate on the back of the Gurney's Seed Catalog. Then I can dream about lettuces and radishes and squash and kale and tomatoes and more. It's cheap fun. I don't understand why Gurney's keeps sending me the catalog with the certificate because every year I redeem it and buy no more. I guess there's a reason in the land of marketing. I'm probably a statistical outlier.

No comments: