Sunday, December 7, 2008

Heavenly Hosties







Okay, if anyone's reading they're probably sick of hearing about Christmas prep. There's more at work here than meets the eye. I'm fully enjoying this Christmas because I know it'll be the last for a while without a significant outside commitment.

Pictured here: my desktop covered with Christmas cards in various stages of completion. Plus, a sneak peak at some prototypes for teeny pinecone angels. They don't have wings; only one has a halo, but they're ascending to angelic status over the course of the next few days. Friend who gave me the glue gun, thank you!

Happy wintry Sunday.

This morning before church the girls were playing a game they called "Choo choo teradactyl." Mazie was apparently shooting "lava ingredients" at Vivian. At one point she described a "lava-shooting, poison-shooting, blood-shooting" apparatus. The teradactyl "taught [Mazie] how to decorate with lava!"

Okay, so the imagery is violent. That's partly my fault for playing gross-out games with them. I usually limit the grossest of the gross to goo and cobwebs. But the ingredients and decorating talk is decidedly domestic. I think Mazie is working out some stuff.

1 comment:

Brandi Gunn said...

I'd like to add that any sort of "gun" appliance, be it glue gun, nail gun, or salad shooter, brings a world of possibilities into any lucky household.